Pittsburgh Welcomes You Back Safely to the David L. Lawrence Convention Center!
The DLCC is committed to providing a safe and productive learning environment to help our valued clients get “Back to Business”. Through public health organizations such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the PA Dept. of Health (PDOH) we are staying abreast of the latest updates and developments as they occur. Our local staff is also being supported by ASM Global, the world’s largest venue management & services company, and our newly implemented VenueShield Environmental Hygiene Program to ensure that we implement operational best practices throughout our network of facilities. Knowing that confidence and reassurance are the top priorities of Pittsburgh residents and visitors, VisitPITTSBURGH has also created the Pittsburgh Global Health (PGH) & Safety Commitment.
The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors are of the utmost priority at CLEAN WATERWAYS. We will continue to work with the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, the Westin Pittsburgh and our other supporting vendors in order to ensure that we’re following the best safety procedures and protocols. In an effort to maintain the health and well-being of all at our events, we are committed to following the guidelines put in place by the CDC, the U.S. Travel Association and at the city and state levels. We recognize that all events and venues are different, so we will update all participants on specific safety measures before we go onsite.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT CLEAN WATERWAYS
- Attendees are strongly encouraged to pre-register for the event in order to limit onsite registration and contact.
- Attendees are encouraged to check their temperatures before arriving at the event, and if they have a fever, are asked not to attend.
- Attendees are encouraged not to attend if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
DAVID L. LAWRENCE CONVENTION CENTER
ASM Global’s VenueShield Program
VenueShield has been active at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center since June 2020 and operates in alignment with approvals from local government officials and health care experts. Phases of VenueShield include the implementation of new guidelines for WorkplaceSafety, Technology & Equipment, Food Safety and Public Awareness as they support future efforts.
Cleaning products used at the DLCC meet or exceed recommended CDC guidelines for effective disinfecting. Disinfecting products (biocides) are regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a subcategory of pesticides.
Convention Center staff will maintain the following high touch point cleaning areas:
- Elevator buttons, interior and exterior
- Escalator handrails
- Handles within facility, crash bars, and doorways
- Water fountains and water bubblers
- Regional gallery lounge
- Light switches in meeting rooms and ballroom
- Braille signage
- Parking garage entrance/exit machines and pay machines
- The unique natural ventilation system, enhanced by the sweeping roof allows fresh air from over the Allegheny River to enter the halls. By regulating air control, the Center reduces the demand for artificial cooling and heating in the building.
- The DLCC has upgraded to antimicrobial air filters. These filters are commonly used in building types such as hospitals, nursing homes, laboratories, and commercial buildings and are designed to effectively control microbial growth such as fungus, mold, mildew and bacteria.
The state of Pennsylvania does not require social distancing.
All Convention Center employees and event staff are required to wear face coverings. While inside the Convention Center, all unvaccinated guests are required to wear a face mask. It is encouraged for vaccinated guests to wear a face mask, but not required.